RAW Food for Truth Living foods lifestyle. Nutritious, raw, vegan recipes. Meals & tips for natural healing. Allergen-free, organic dishes. Courses you can prepare in no time. Meal-planning for those "on a budget". Discovering wild edibles. Eco-friendly, conscious, healthy living. . . . at home, in the office, and on the road.

Cucumber Cooler

Saturday, August 20, 2011

I’ve been preparing to go to Europe and running last minute errands also means going even simpler in the kitchen. There are quite a few things in my fridge I need to use up tomorrow still and today I reached for cucumbers and gravenstein apples, hmmmm, I love those! I’m not even a big juicer but juicing definitely has its place. They’re great for quick nourishment, for staying hydrated, or for using up leftover produce like I just did, hehe : )


It only took three ingredients and one minute to throw together and I ended up with a very refreshing drink. The cucumber will keep you hydrated, the apple is a very good cleanser and adds sweetness, the ginger is there for a kick….what can I say, I love spice added to everything! Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties, which means it’s effective in reducing discomfort due to arthritis. It’s also known as a digestive aid and it stimulates circulation. Being a warming herb, ginger root is commonly brewed for tea and used to beat colds. As if I needed all these reasons to use some…. I just love ginger!

Cucumber Cooler
Juice the following ingredients:
1 medium cucumber
1 medium apple
1 inch piece of ginger (might be too much so start with less!)

Drink up!
cucumbercoolerabove

Simple, hydrating, spicy, cool as a cucumber...


No comments :

Post a Comment