RAW Food for Truth Living foods lifestyle. Nutritious, raw, vegan recipes. Meals & tips for natural healing. Allergen-free, organic dishes. Courses you can prepare in no time. Meal-planning for those "on a budget". Discovering wild edibles. Eco-friendly, conscious, healthy living. . . . at home, in the office, and on the road.

My Favoritessst Smoothie

Wednesday, December 21, 2011


My favoritest of all so far, I thought I had to share with you so you can reek the benefits too! The outrageously delicious flavor and beyond perfect texture is one thing....the other is how much energy it gives you! I was never a coffee drinker but I hear it wakes people up. ; ) Well, if you want more energy than you know what to do with but with much less caffeine and a bunch of nutrition, then this is for you.
Just in case you're not convinced, here are some added benefits: cacao is full of antioxidants, coconut oil is mainly comprised of the healthy medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), hemp protein contains all amino acids and is very easily assimilated, and maca will give you wings!

High Energy Chocolate Smoothie
Ingredients*:
2 frozen bananas (slice them before freezing)
1 1/2 cup frozen berries or other fruit
~ 5 ounces (little over half a cup) apple juice / or juice of your choice / or water + some sweetener
2-3 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp hemp protein
1-2 tsp maca powder (use less if you're new to maca)
~ 1 tbsp honey (not vegan!) or your favorite sweetener
optional: pinch of cayenne pepper (which I forgot today and missed it!)

* These ingredients are for a 16 oz. (~ 1/2 liter) glass. To measure the amount of fruit for any serving size you might want to make just fill your glass with frozen fruit, pour it in the blender then fill that glass again about a third way to half way again. This will give you a full glass of smoothie every time.


Blend all the ingredients till smooth. If you have a high speed blender this will be easy but if you have a simple one like me then working with such little juice will be a challenge so help it by mixing it on top while it's running. Be careful so you don't hit the blades. (Of course you could help it by adding more juice too but you won't end up with such a wonderfully thick texture!)

Scrape your blender out so you don't waste a drop. I sometimes wish I could turn mine inside out! : )
Top it off with some cacao nibs and drink it up or eat it with a spoon...that's what I do. 
Make sure you put more bananas in the freezer for tomorrow 'cause you know you'll want more of this.
Enjoy! And you can thank me later : )




3 comments :

Dita said...

: ) Thanks, Sewi! I had to read again what I wrote and I tell you it made me laugh so hard!!! I just love that smoothie so much and I guess it's obvious that it works! ; ) Enjoy!

British Tracks said...

This recipe is amazing to say the least! I made one this past weekend when I discovered your blog. My husband and I had "lots" of energy! I love maca! What a wonderful combination with the berries :)

Keep spreading the rawsome news about living foods!

From one vegan to another

-therawscout.com

Dita said...

I know, I love, love, love it too : )
Thank you! I'm glad you like it and it made you feel great. Welcome to my blog! Now I'm off to check out what you do....

Post a Comment