RAW Food for Truth Living foods lifestyle. Nutritious, raw, vegan recipes. Meals & tips for natural healing. Allergen-free, organic dishes. Courses you can prepare in no time. Meal-planning for those "on a budget". Discovering wild edibles. Eco-friendly, conscious, healthy living. . . . at home, in the office, and on the road.

Coconut Lemon Fudge

Sunday, December 25, 2011


I can't say this is as easy as 1, 2, 3 because it's probably easier. Perfect if you're in a rush to make something sweet maybe for the holidays still or whenever you're crunched for time. My mother always started baking cookies and pastries weeks before Christmas and by the time the tree was up and decorated the dining table and the pantry were full of all kinds of seasonal delights. Coconut lemon cookies were always on her list and they were my inspiration for the ingredients used here to create similar flavors in a raw way. What started out as lemon bars resulted in something more like a delicious fudge with a wonderful texture. These melt in your mouth but aren't as sweet as the traditional ones you might be used to so add more sugar if you prefer it sweeter. 


Coconut Lemon Fudge Bars
(Makes 32 bite size squares)
1 cup melted coconut butter
juice of 2 large lemons
4-5 tbsp coconut palm sugar / your favorite sweetener
2 tbsp shredded coconut
4 tbsp coconut flour
optional: add some lemon zest for extra strong lemon flavor

Combine all of the ingredients and press the mixture into a plastic-wrap-lined, flat dish. Place it in the fridge and allow it to set for an hour or two. You'll need a very sharp knife to cut it into cubes before serving. I've told you it was simple!

Happy Holidays!!!





2 comments :

Apples and Pears said...

Hello from West Yorkshire, Dita! I can't tell you how thrilled I am to find your fabulous blog. My sister and I have tried in the past to live the raw food way and and are now determined to live raw. we are 50, fat and have a range of health problems and have come to the conclusion that raw food can change our lives and bring back a sense of vitality and health. I will be posting progress on my blog. Your lovely blog is an inspiration - I will be back often xxx

Dita said...

Andrea, I can't tell you how happy I AM for you! Good luck with keeping it raw this time and have a Happy, Healthy & Thinner New Year! :)
There's nothing more motivating than hearing that people like you find my work inspiring...Thank you, and I can't wait to hear about your progress!!!

Post a Comment