Yep, you can just whip it up by hand and make no mess at all….fast track to chocolate heaven! :)
I just wish my grandma was here. This kind of pie would be a perfect way to celebrate her 86th birthday today! I love you so much, grandma! ♥
Avocados are one of the creamiest fruits and they:
- are a complete protein!
- are a great source of calories with healthy monounsaturated fats, which are easily burnt for energy
- have anti-inflammatory qualities
- are a rich source of B vitamins, including folate (B9), and vitamin C
- are an amazing source of pantothenic acid and minerals such as potassium, copper, magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus
- are a good source of fiber
……All of which translates into their being a wonderful food for your skin, bones, heart-health, and supporting a healthy pregnancy.
With cacao being the second main ingredient, giving you loads of antioxidants and minerals, you can't go wrong with something so delicious, so good-for-you, and so quick and easy to prep...
Avocado Chocolate Mousse Pie
(Makes 1 mini pie)
2 Tbsp coconut butter
2 Tbsp coconut flour*
2 Tbsp shredded coconut
maple syrup (as needed)
3 Tbs + 2 tsp cacao powder
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp coconut oil
tiny pinch of salt (optional)
dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
Optional garnish: sliced fruit, dried fruit, chopped nuts, coconut flakes
*Feel free to use almond flour instead of coconut flour, if you'd like, or make a more common, nut & date (or any dried fruit) base, like the one here, for a cashew creme pie.
1. Place the coconut oil in a dish that you can place in hot water and let it sit till it's melted (unless it's warm where you are and it is already in liquid form)
2. Mix the crust ingredients in a small bowl simply using a fork and press it into a tiny pie shell or a shallow bowl
3. Scoop out the avocado, mesh it with a fork and whip it into a smooth consistency as much as you can
4. Mix in the maple syrup and the coconut oil (make sure it's not hot) and little by little, add the rest of the ingredients while stirring it until you get a homogenous filling.
5. Taste test and add more sweetener, etc. to your liking
6. Pour the filling into your crust, decorate if you like, and place the pie in the refrigerator for an hour or so before serving.
Note: this also goes for a chocolate pudding recipe so if you have extra filling you're in luck. Gooble it up right away or chill it for a treat later.